Boxy jumper, chunky knit
Boxy jumper, chunky knit
A beautiful, soft jumper knitted in the finest 100% alpaca fibre in green. Soft to touch, and really warm to wear. Alpaca is one of the finest and most luxurious fibres in the world. It is known for its softness, superior warmth, lightweightedness and durability. It won't pill and will last much longer than synthetic fibres. It is warmer than wool or cashmere.
Mamacha produces luxury alpaca knitwear designed in England and lovingly hand made at a small women's co-operative in Lima, Peru. Your purchase will have a tag with the story of our work in Peru.
All of our 100% alpaca products are made using top quality alpaca fibre which we source from the highly regarded Peruvian manufacturer 'Michell'.
* WASHING * You won't need to wash this sweater as frequently as you would wash cotton, or acrylic. This is because alpaca fibres do not retain smells, moisture or stains in the same way other fibres do. Dirt particles and smells cannot attach themselves to the silky fibres in the same way they get ingrained into cotton or synthetic fibres. So, only if it really needs it after a lot of wear, handwash this pullover in warm or lukewarm water with delicate wollens detergent or shampoo. Don't rub it excessively, just squeeze it gently in the water and then rinse. To dry it, gently squeeze out excess water (but don't wring it out), lie it flat on top of a towel and roll it up into a 'sausage'. This will really help to get lots of the excess water out. Then, just lie flat to dry. Don't tumble dry!
* ECO FRIENDLY * The alpacas that provide the fibre we use in our clothing graze on the high plains of Peru. Their hooves do not damage the ground in the same way other grazing animals do, which can lead to desertification in intensely farmed areas. As alpaca is a pure natural fibre, it bio degrades completely.
* LUXURY * Alpaca is one of the finest and most luxurious natural fibres in the world, often more highly prized than cashmere. It is known for its softness, superior warmth and durability. It won't pill (bobble) and will last much longer than synthetic fibres.
* WARMTH * Alpaca is four times warmer than lambswool. This is because the fibre is hollow inside which means it insulates incredibly well, whilst still being very lightweight. It has a lovely feel as it is breathable.
* FAIR TRADE* Our entire range of luxury alpaca knitwear is designed in England and lovingly hand made at a small women's co-operative in Peru. We have worked with the same ladies since 2008 and we share a trusted relationship. All our clothing features a label giving information about our work in Peru.
* ORIGIN * All of our 100% alpaca products are made using top quality alpaca fibre which we source from the highly regarded Peruvian manufacturer 'Michell'. Our garments are all washed and pressed so they will reach you in perfect condition.
Thank you for visiting my shop! If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me.
100% Alpaca fibre